Glenglassaugh 30-yo vs Glenglassaugh 30-yo

More
14 years 7 months ago #18662 by Duffer
Smart karaffel og finer box udgaven til 389 GBP
Glenglassaugh 30 yo (55.1%, OB, Glass Decanter, +/-2009)
Colour: gold. Nose: much more oak in this one, which is probably normal. Yet it's not exactly plankish, but there's quite some cinnamon and nutmeg. Develops much more on lemon balm, lemon pie and even citronella oil, with a good deal of marzipan in the background. A little grassy too (and apple peeling). With water: more apple peeling, fresh walnuts and plain oak and much less fruits. Still nice. Mouth (neat): much, much more happening than in the 21yo, even if this one is very concentrated and almost thick. Heavy wood extracts plus blackberry jam and touches of chilli. It's also funnily grapy (big red muscats). Turkish delights. With water: it's the oak that comes to the front, with more strong tea, but the playful sweet notes (jelly beans?) are still there. Finish: long and kind of dual, on ‘green' oak and sweets. Comments: a thick, heavy baby this time, maybe a little more panzerish than the younger ones but also more interesting and entertaining.
SGP:551 - 84 points.

Eller billig etiket og standard flaske udgaven til 80 GBP (blev naturligvis udsolgt på få dage)
Glenglassaugh 30 yo 1978/2008 (49.8%, The Single Malts of Scotland, cask #531, 267 bottles)
From a hogshead, probably sherry. Colour: amber with green hues. Nose: quite expressive, starting on notes of rum and even tequila (old anejo) as well as husk, shoe polish, dried beef and Christmas fruitcake. Then we have notes of maple syrup, hints of date brandy (arrak), old leather (horse saddle) and finally a mixture of smoked ham and liquorice. This reminds me of some Glen Mhors "“ an ‘anti-modern' malt. Mouth: much rounder than its bros, less grassy (even if these notes of old rum are still there). Candy sugar, caramelised wood (rum again), dried apples, bergamot sweets (a specialty from Nancy in Lorraine), maple syrup and then various soft spices, mostly white pepper and dried cardamom. A slight bitterness (capers?) keeps it pleasantly nervous. Finish: medium long, back on rum and tequila. Also dried bananas, burnt sugar and roasted raisins. Comments: once again an unusual Glenglassaugh, very Caribbean this time. And very good. SGP:551 - 88 points.

Smagsnoter: Whiskyfun

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #18670 by JimTaggart
Hvis nogen skulle få mulighed for at smage den 30 års OB i glas-dekanteren, så gør det! Jeg havde fornøjelsen i Limburg i foråret og synes, det er en klassedram af karat:

duft: flot harmoni af hvide kærlighedsfrugter og lyse nødder. En dyb alkohol, hvor dét jeg forbinder med grøn sodavand også dukker op. En smuk næse!
smag: en symfoni af hvide kærlighedsfrugter og perfekt karamelfudge med en smule bittert træ som krydrende element. 93 point.

Jeg husker, at en vis Hering også var ret begejstret :D

Jeg har ikke haft fornøjelsen af Whisky Exchange's Glenglassaugh, men at der er noget godt i gang på destilleriet, er der vist ingen tvivl om.

Venlig hilsen
Lars Knudsen

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds