Holyroodpark Distillery

More
6 years 9 months ago #34606 by MacNiels
Nyt destilleri er under opsejling.
Destilleriet kommer til at hedde Holyroodpark...

Nyt destilleri er under opsejling.

Destilleriet kommer til at hedde Holyroodpark Distillery som kommer til at ligge i Edinbourgh. Så efter ca. 90 år uden et whisky destilleri er der måske håb for at løber whisky ud af hanerne i Edinbourgh.

Lige nu er teamet i gang med fundraising, der skulle gerne samle ind, således at destilleriet kan producere det første newmake i 2018.

"Proposals to transform the former Engine Shed site into a £3.6 million malt whisky distillery and visitor attraction – reviving a long-forgotten Edinburgh tradition – have been submitted to the council.

The move comes after city chiefs entered into a lease with the Holyrood Park Distillery in August last year, paving the way for a single malt to be produced in the city for the first time since Glen Sciennes closed in 1925.

The business, which aims to start distilling in 2017, will initially make only 53,000 litres of alcohol per year – resulting in around 140,000 bottles of mature single malt in eight to 12 years’ time.

Bosses say the scheme will provide 25 jobs at varying levels, from trainees right up to experienced distillery operators, tourism and production managers.

Whisky expert David Robertson, the former master distiller for Macallan, is behind the plans."

Kilde: 

http://www.holyroodparkdistillery.com/

Niels Ladefoged
Whiskynyt.dk

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #34607 by MacNiels
Replied by MacNiels on topic Holyroodpark Distillery
Edinburgh’s 1st Single Malt Whisky Distillery for 90 years Completes £5.8 million Fundraise

Edinburgh’s first single malt whisky distillery for 90 years has successfully completed a £5.8 million funding drive to help fund the creation of a new distillery and visitor experience, spanning 11,969 sq ft, in the heart of Scotland’s capital.

The successful fundraising marks a pivotal milestone in the distillery’s development, following the City of Edinburgh Council’s decision in 2017 to approve development of the historic Engine Shed building and site on St Leonard’s Lane into a distillery and visitor centre. Holyrood Distillery will begin construction on the site in May, with the aim of opening its doors to the public in spring 2019.

www.holyroodparkdistillery.com/edinburgh...8-million-fundraise/

Niels Ladefoged
Whiskynyt.dk

Please Log på or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds